POUGHKEEPSIE, New York – Sophomore outfielder Ali Milam of the Marist softball team was named Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Player of the Week on Tuesday.
Here is a closer look at Milam’s performance last week:
- Hit .524 (11-for-21), and drew four walks, good for an OBP of .600.
- Blasted three homers, drove in 11 runs, scored seven runs, and stole two bases.
- In game one of a doubleheader at Lafayette on May 2, Milam started the scoring with an RBI single, and helped close the scoring in the fifth with a two-run homer.
- In game one of a doubleheader at Rider on May 6, Milam drove in the first two runs of the game with a homer, and then hit a solo homer in the next inning. She went 4-for-4 with two homers, six RBIs, three runs, and a walk, helping Marist clinch a berth to the MAAC Championships.
Milam is now hitting .374/.462/.645 on the season and leads the Red Foxes with 11 home runs, 53 RBIs, and 100 total bases. She has scored 28 runs, stolen five bases, and doubled nine times so far this season.
This is Milam’s third career MAAC weekly award, and second Player of the Week honor. She was named MAAC Rookie of the Week once last season, and she was named MAAC Player of the Week once earlier this season.
Marist has had eight MAAC weekly award winners this season. Here is the full list:
- Feb. 27: Jade Sinskul (Player of the Week), Caroline Baratta (Rookie of the Week)
- March 13: Megan Beiermeister (Pitcher of the Week)
- March 20: Milam (Player of the Week), Baratta (Rookie of the Week)
- April 3: Baratta (Rookie of the Week)
- April 17: Oberdorf (Player of the Week)
- May 8: Milam (Player of the Week)